Individual Counselling

Individual Counselling

In order to set you up for success we believe strongly in providing the right treatment for your particular needs, we work with our clients to help understand what that might look like whether it’s just the one service or perhaps a combination of services.

1:1 Counselling

In addiction, substance use is seen as just the first layer of our problems. Think of addiction like an iceberg, we usually only see 10% of what’s really going, this would be the behaviors often associated with addiction such as financial problems, legal issues, work issues, family tensions and relapses. The remaining 90% is hiding below the surface and there is a huge body of evidence that suggests that it is this 90% that drives and perpetuates the addiction. One-to-one counselling helps identify and address the underlying issues that are the driving force of addiction. One to one counselling may be the best service for you if:

  • You have had multiple prior stays at a residential treatment Centre
  • You have had multiple relapses
  • You have experienced 'adverse' childhood experiences
  • You grew up in a home where there was emotional, physical and or sexual abuse
  • You are living with a mental health issues
  • You are working during the day

Relapse Prevention

Relapse prevention is an important part of a persons road to recovery, we work closely with our clients identfying tools that work for them in navigating recovery. We do this by utilising recognised, tried and tested relapse prevention models.


Trauma Counselling

Trauma counselling is a specialized form of counselling and is different from regular 1:1 counselling. We utilize trauma specifc models and understand the relationship between trauma and addiction. We help our clients to begin to regain control of their thoughts using established models of practice.  We teach our clients how to manage difficult and traumatic memories without the use of drugs and alcohol.  We empower our clients to take back control and minimise the impact of past truama and traumatic memories. Importantly we can work with trauma without always having to talk about the 'event(s)' itself which can be an incredibly difficult and frightening prospect for people.